- Remove exterior staircases
- Restore porches
- Remove aged trees
- Repave the street
The NRHC has accomplished many goals in its ongoing mission to preserve the campus.
The Goals [Click to view goals]
- To preserve entrusted properties;
- To adapt entrusted properties (while preserving their integrity) to meet current community needs;
- To establish an environment fostering historic, cultural and educational enrichment.
The Objectives [Click to view objectives]
- To acquire, restore and reuse remaining adjacent properties;
- To provide and administer historic rental accommodations for nonprofit organizations, particularly those collecting, preserving and interpreting the cultural and natural history of the Northern Rockies;
- To create an on-site visitor's destination and Conference Center;
- And to conduct NRHC programs and sponsor partnership programs.
Ongoing Capital Projects Include:
Past Capital Projects
These are some of the projects accomplished to attain those goals and objectives:
- Drilled the new well
- Placed an underground sprinkling system on all NRHC property
- Re-paved the street in front of Officers' Row
- Signed the streets for one-way traffic
- Purchased snow removal and lawn care equipment
- Trumpets on the Green Fund Raising event [events]
- Restored the roof of the Powder Magazine
- Repaired upper roof tiles with exact replicas.
- Investigating opportunities for acquiring additional Fort Missoula properties
- Restoring the porch railings on top of the porch roofs
- Making the buildings ADA accessible
- Making ADA accessible indoor rest room facilities
- Finding ways to use third floors of Officers' Row
- NRHC Projects Under Discussion